Monday, November 5, 2007

Marathon!

Jim participated in the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Fitness Festival Marathon yesterday here in Springfield. Translation: Jim is crazy. It's okay to shake your head with me. He won't see.


Despite my realization that I've gone and married a slightly deranged person, I won't hide a hefty amount of pride here too. He ran for four hours and 1 minute, and he still looked pretty strong at the end. He was slightly immobile and definitely requiring me to drive the truck home, but he did this thing. A marathon! Don't get the story from Jim, because he'll relay it while kicking the dirt about the extra one minute that put him over his "sub four hour" goal. Get the story from me and we can, together, totally bypass his downplaying of the accomplishment. He RAN for FOUR HOURS and ONE MINUTE! Woah. Just typing the sentence wears me out.

Here are a few less-than-great pictures. My job was hat-holder, energy gel passer, and chapstick stand-by person. Breathtaking photography sometimes gets sacrificed.



Jack and Grammie watch for any sign of Daddy rounding the corner





Here he comes!

There he goes!

1 comment:

  1. Jim is my Hero! And I love him so much it makes my heart hurt in places it really shouldn't!

    WAY TO GO JIMOTHY!!!!!

    -Josh

    P.s. I Love you.

    ReplyDelete