Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Emma Turns 5!




I'm a little late with this post's annual birthday interview.  (Emma's actual birthday was the last day of November... better late than never.)    Anyway, you can brush up on Emma's answers from last year's interview here.  One change for this year... some questions were video recorded, as requested by my good friend, Schlager.  Wish granted!

In the videoing of my 5 year old, I quickly learned that some sessions go well.  Aaaand other times, you have to stop recording and change locations if the picking at her toenails distracts her from even the easiest of questions. 

Emma.  Come on now.  

Take two goes so much better...
 
 
 
And take three even continues to go well... until I laugh at her and she pulls out her best evil eye.  Do not laugh at Emma.  Just don't.
 
 
Other questions that I asked weren't caught on tape, but here were some of her answers:
 
What's your favorite cereal?  Froot Loops
 
What's your favorite outfit?  What's that outfit where the shirt attaches to the shorts?  (Me:  A romper?)  Yeah!  I like my romper.  Can I put it on?  (No, Emma.  It's winter.)  Groan.
 
Who's your best friend?  Addy, Sabella, and Skyler.
 
Other questions I can't believe I forgot to ask!
What's your favorite holiday? 
What do you want to eat for dinner on your birthday? 
What do you want to be when you grow up? 
 
Shoot.  I will do better next year...
 
To make up for it, I've included a few video bloopers
 
 
 
This one is called,  "Please don't ask me really deep, higher order thinking questions.  I'm five."


 
 This one is called, "I have a cold."

 
 
This one is called, "Please don't talk to me right now."
 
 
 
 
In a year's time, Emma hasn't changed much in a handful of areas.  She still loves to sing:
 
 
And draw:
 


And sing some more:
 

 
 
Happy birthday to my sweet, beautiful, hilarious, sassy, tough, stinky, and dramatic little baby.  I love you muchly...
 
 
 
What a girl.


3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what's better, "practicing" being quiet as the first thing a 5 year old should do or not talking in the bathtub. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHH the bathtub! I cackled for five minutes.

    ReplyDelete