Wednesday, March 14, 2007

"Do you have any pictures of Jack with you?"

People are always wanting to see pictures of Jack. And if I don't carry any around, does that make me a bad mother? Hmmm... I just never was fond of those plastic wallet picture flippers that always seem to tear and look ratty. These days, it's just so much easier to zip them off via email. With the purchase of a digital camera, I find a problem. I have scads of digital pictures stored on my computer but strangely enough, few for people to actually touch and hold in their hands. I think many of us have fallen into such habits. A combination of laziness and the ease of push button publishing (ahem... the blog at which you're staring) makes the trip to Wal-Mart even less appealing than it was to start with. Was it ever appealing? Debatable.

On a side note, Jim always teases me about the aforementioned digital camera. There is something instantly gratifying about snapping a picture and then viewing THAT instant. Why wait? The options to save or delete are just so great! Nose looks too big? Trash it, baby. Thumb in the shot? It's gone! Of course, this takes some of the "Christmas morning" sensation away from the film developing process, if you do even bother with that these days. I used to love that feeling of the thick picture package from a One-Hour Photo, hot off the presses. And now, I don't experience that so much. That's kind of sad. Then again, it seems inevitable that out of a handful of pictures, you get about five good ones. And that's plain aggravating. CD song lists are the same way, but that's another day's entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment