Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Today was St. Patrick's Day. What exactly does that mean to a preschooler? Well, first and foremost, one must wear green. And under no uncertain circumstances, one's baby sister must wear green also. It's imperative. Secondly, it's time to test out the "Leprechaun Catching Machine" at school. Apparently leprechauns are important for trapping because "they will steal your gold." If trapping is not an option, squashing is okay too. Thirdly, although it is important to catch them, it is not clear if leprechauns are real or if they are make believe. It truly depends on the day you ask Jack. In a similar way, he will tell you on Tuesday that the Easter Bunny is making plans to bring you some Easter eggs. But on Wednesday, he is without question "just a man in a rabbit suit." Jack is evidently still feeling it all out.


We recently purchased a Wii game system. Perhaps we are the last to do so... but whatever. We are discovering that it is very fun. Jim enjoys Golf (gag me). Jack likes Bowling, Billiards, a cow racing game, Fishing, and Tanks. I like Duck Hunt... but then again, I like any shooting game 'cause I can kick Jim's butt 97.2% of the time. And Baseball. Baseball is very fun. How sad is it that my right arm was sore after the first day we played? Pathetic.


Here are some shots. Jack first insisted that I adequately capture his modeling of the Wii remote. Then, somehow it morphed into, "Make sure you get me making the most screwed up face I can manage." Mom, I have no idea where your grandson comes up with the need to make faces... nor why he finds his own facial contortions to be the funniest things in the world. No idea at all.











And so ends the face making session. But I thought I'd throw this next picture in too. Have you ever seen that PBS children's show, Boohbahs? It's creepy. Check out Jack below. You Tube, people. Look it up. It'll be worth it, I promise.




And finally, a little Emma fix below. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment