Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring Break!

In the following entry, watch me take full advantage of a rare opportunity to brag on a perk of my job. Sometimes it feels like there are few of these opportunities, so witness me get obnoxious about it. Here I go...


TODAY BEGINS MY SPRING BREAK! Imagine me doing my own little end zone dance...


Ahh... spring break. It feels gooood. Perhaps you are sitting at work while you read this. Bummer for you. I'm very likely in my pajamas still. Nap, anyone?

Jack, Emma, and I have big plans to do a lot of nothing. Hopefully, the weather will be nice, and we can go play outside with Jack's new t-ball set. (The Easter Bunny had made me aware that this is what he's bringing for Jack alongside a nice supply of jellybeans.) Perhaps we'll play a little of the Wii (see previous posting). Speaking of... I am inserting a couple of pictures of us playing. The first photo of Jack is purely posted here as an opportunity to show my Aunt Vicki how much Jack can look exactly like a little Mark Ryan (cousin). He makes me do a double take sometimes. The second? Well, I am in an obnoxious mood.




Congrats to Jim today for participating again this year in the Frisco Highline 5K Run. He placed third overall and first in his age group! I would post a good photo, but my camera is one of those where you push the button and it takes an agonizing 2-5 seconds for the big "click." By this time, whatever good memories you were trying to preserve for family history are history themselves. So yes, Jim ran past me, and the camera did its stupid camera thing. But I think I got a good photo of a bush.
As a replacement, I hope you'll accept a couple of sweet "Daddy and Emma moments." At least the camera cooperates every now and then when it matters most.





No comments:

Post a Comment