Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



When asked why Jack loves __________, he said...



Great Grandma: "She lives in a great big, tall tower."
Grammie: "She is soooooo nice about me."
Grandma: "She makes good angelfood cake."
Mimi: "She has a big, big, huge, HUGE bathtub."



When Emma was asked the same questions, she just began spitting. It's her new thing.





And now to play catch up a bit. Congratulations to Josh and Angela Hill on the arrival of their new baby boy, Link Maddox. (And I hope you don't mind that I am unashamed to have stolen these pictures.) Enjoy that baby, you two!






Storytime, everyone! Jack asked me one day recently (yes, from the backseat... it's where we talk, ok?) if I knew what "suck" meant. I immediately started chuckling. I teach school. I know exactly where he heard it and in what context he heard it, but I ask anyway. "Well, how did someone say it to you, Jack?"



"Paige, at school, says that Girls Rock and Boys Suck. What does suck mean?"


So I begin to explain the details of the meaning in what boils down to... "It's not a nice thing to say, so don't say it, ok?" He agrees but then clarifies that he CAN say "rock" cause that's a nice thing to say. Yes, Jack, you can say that. So a few minutes later I hear, "You rock, Mom."


Happy Mom's Day to me...

1 comment:

  1. "Backseat Confessions" by Whitney Hoodenpyle; staring Jack Hoodenpyle

    Sounds like this should be a weekly entry.

    I need to figure out how to get him to confess in the mornings on the way too school in between waffles bites and OJ sips.

    ReplyDelete