Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Little Doll

Mom said just the other day, "You never were a doll kind of little girl." In the context of the conversation, she and I were commenting on how Emma's little personality is developing more and more everyday. For fun, we were imagining what kind of little girl Emma will turn out to be. Will she be an overall wearing, ponytailed tomboy like I once was? Or will she be a girly girl - the kind who play with dolls and wear lace trimmed ankle socks. Who knows really?
Hmm... as I sit and think about it, I wonder if maybe some girls' doll playing time comes later in life. Reflecting about myself, I realize that perhaps I should've paid much more attention to my Barbies. The dressing up is particularly fun. Sometimes I make Emma pretty. And sometimes I scrounge desperately for clothing that is anything but pink. There are even the times when I blatantly use her wardrobe for a good laugh.





"But Moooooom, I don't waaaant to promenade my partner."

1 comment:

  1. And I can see she likes to play along. Quite the pose she has stuck there.

    ReplyDelete