Saturday, September 26, 2009

Emma's Sense of Safety (On a Sliding Scale)


"Yes, Momma. I agree that I made a bad choice in sliding down that big slide at Wacky World all by myself. I'm sorry, Momma. I won't do that again. In fact, from now on, I'll be leery of all slides. I'll slow down in general. I won't race Jack up or down the stairs anymore. I won't wrestle on the bed. I will be more careful, Mom. I'll fine tune a better sense of cautiousness and healthy fear. I promise you this, Mom. My arm hurts and I've learned my lesson. I just know it."


"Yes, Mom. I am gonna be so careful from now on. See this cast? It'll be a reminder. It'll firm up this lesson in 'I should know better-ness'. You just wait. I will ask you before I do anything crazy from here on out. "



"Oh man. I really hate this sling. I hate it almost to the same degree that I've learned this important lesson in being mindful about the limits of my body, Mom. I won't give you any more gray hairs after this, Mom."

"This tractor is cool, isn't it, Mom? Oh yeah, Mom. Careful.. yes, I'll be careful. I remember."


(Two days later...) "Ooooh, a SLIDE!!! That looks super dangerous and fun. Wait for me, Jack!!!"

2 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Don't do it Emma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is definately got more of her Dad's sense of adventure than her Mom's.

    ReplyDelete