Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mad Gab with Emma

Have you ever played Mad Gab before? It's a fun game where partners compete to quickly decode mystery phrases. I say decode because the phrases, although they are usually very well-known, are sometimes TERRIBLY hard to understand. Maybe I can explain better with examples:

What are these mystery phrases? It's not really about what you say. It's about what you hear.

A) Abe Seize Ease Supports (hint: television)
B) Bay Beak Hot Bach (hint: of a man who stirs frequently)
C) Eye Needle Axe Eight If (hint: go to Walgreens)
D) Went Hurl Hymn Pick Aims (hint: February)
E) Woodchuck Air Ford Us Hurt (hint: heck yes)

(Answers will be in the comments later if this is the type of thing that will drive you berserk without closure.)

Living with Emma sometimes reminds me of playing Mad Gab.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, you KNOW I'm all over this!

    1. ABC Sports
    2. Baby Got Back (nice hint, btw)
    3. I need a laxative. NASTY, girl!
    4. Winter Olympic Games
    5. Would ...... hurt? GAAAA, can't get this one! DANG IT! GOSSHHHH!

    Kenny even joined in, and we are STUMPED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Would you care for dessert?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A+! And as for Emma's favorite movie... "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs". Listen again, you'll hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand 'Emma Talk' but I cannot "draw the sounds" nor "speak them back".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was stumped except the meatballs part. I listened again & heard the rest. You must spend a lot of time translating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I got 4 and was trying to figure out the 5th. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this game. We took it to a party and they told me I couldn't play anymore because I was getting them all!

    I also understood Emma and her movie. It's all about listening!!

    ReplyDelete