Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Jack Wins!!!

Recently Jack entered a calendar illustration contest through Jim's workplace, Frito-Lay. Each year children of employees of the company are invited to create a safety themed illustration and enter their drawing in a contest. 13 illustrations get chosen to be published on the poster. (12 months + cover)

Well, folks. Let me introduce you to Jack B. Hoodenpyle.... Mr. January!!!

His drawing has been selected for publishing, and as soon as it does get published, you'd better believe that I'll be scanning in a copy for your viewing pleasure. In the meantime, let me tell you the ADDITIONAL good news!!!

As a contest participant, Jack's name was thrown into a hat for the winning of an iPod nano.

Mr. January ANDDDDD nano winner?! Holy Moly!


He is super excited, and has already loaded five songs. You're curious about his songlist, aren't you? Jack's top five:







Somewhere my friend, Danavee, has a smug look on her face about that number five.


Congratulations, Jack! I can't wait to show everyone your safety poster! Great job!

7 comments:

  1. Imagine my laughter. Can you hear it? Thank Jack for the validation.

    Should I address him differently in the mushroom now?

    But seriously, way to go my little friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come on. Mushroom? Really, autocorrect on my phone, lunchroom IS a word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was cracking up at mushroom! Made me think of Miss Mush. Congrats Mr. January! I know two of the five songs listed, I am feeling slightly old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Jack. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Josh and I LOVE "Fireflies." In fact, I plan to play it at Josh's funeral and release ten million fireflies into the air. Releasing that many means I have to catch them first and I'm not that confident in my firefly-catching abilities. Maybe Jack can help me? I digress. I also love "You've Got a Friend in Me" and the Spanish version saved me from pulling my hair out over the original version that plays morning, noon, and night during Toy Story 1, 2, and 3 at my house. Hmm, kinda looking forward to the kids going back to school. I digress again...

    ReplyDelete