Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Diary

My mom came up to visit the other day.  With her, she brought a treasure from long ago...

Oh yes!  This is what you think it could be.  Eight year old Whitney's DIARY.  I opened it up, thinking that this was going to be FUN, FUN, FUN to read.  During my reading, I was disappointed about a handful of things. 

First, I wrote sparingly with only occasional entries here and there.  I was a little on the hot and cold side when it came to recording my innermost thoughts.  Bummer.



Second, I seemed to think that my diary was a way to manipulate my mother (who was surely reading this, in my mind.) From the looks of things, I bet I even left the diary out... and open... to the exact page I wanted her to see... maybe on her pillow?  Geez.

Thirdly, I was kind of a melodramatic... brat?  "Never happy," my foot.  I want to smack this child.

(flipping through more pages)

But then?  Then it all turned out okay.  Because 8 year old Whitney made 34 year old Whitney laugh.


Little Whitneeeey.  You're so silly.

4 comments:

  1. It's almost 1985! Goshhhhhhh!

    Thank you for the best laugh I've had all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I found an old journal at my mom's last year (from age 9 or 10 I think) and it was equally melodramatic. I also was wanting a ten-speed b/c everyone else had one.
    Just wait till Emma has a diary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha I have my fourth grade diary that I kept at school. If I ever want a good laugh, I pull it out. funny stuff, even better was the Cabbage Patch cover.

    ReplyDelete