Monday, March 26, 2012

Disney 2012 - Part 3

Which brings us to Epcot, Day 3.


Epcot was an interesting place, for sure.  But I think it was geared for an older audience with lots of opportunities to read and learn.  It had more of a discovery center/museum feel than the blatant entertainment feel that the Magic Kingdom had offered.  Had it been just Jack, we might've spent more time here.  But we were all pretty darn tired by this time, and Emma was in and out on interest level. 

This, friends, is an example of an "out" moment.

Quite possibly another.  You get the point.


Some things that were right up Jack and Dad's alleys were the big rides.  Mission: Space was top priority for Jack, the space fanatic.



Mission: Space had some warning signs upon entry.  There were two choices: a code orange level experience and a code green level experience.  One was tame and would not induce vomiting.  The other would.  I paraphased the exact wording on the signs, of course.  Jack and Jim were pushing the limits here.  I shrugged as they both volunteered for the torture line. 

Some 45 minutes to an hour later, I saw the boys exiting the ride.  Jack was perky, happy, and fine.  Jim was messed up.  And he doesn't get motion sickness.  The "things don't feel right" sensation stayed with him the rest of the day.  He described it later as what you see on those movies that spin fighter pilots/astronauts around at the end of a long mechanical arm so that they can experience G-forces.  Gosh, I'm glad I didn't even consider getting on this ride.  Whew.

On the way to Mission: Space

Another big priority for the freshly blendered boys was the fast roller coaster called Test Track.  After riding that,  they were pretty satisfied with themselves.  While we waited, Emma and I practiced our photography skills. 

Hm.  I don't like my sunglasses.  Why didn't anybody tell me that my sunglasses were ugly?

Pretty standard Emma shot.

Palm trees.  Pretty.

I don't have many more pictures from Epcot.  Oh wait.  Yes I do.
I had never been to Epcot before, but when you ride the "Spaceship Earth" ride that goes up into the large "golfball" looking attraction, remember to smile nicely.  And don't make a face. 

This ride has a "history of society" kind of theme.  In order to give glimpses of the future, the rides summarizes mankind's past.  It's sort of an interactive ride, as it includes YOU as a character in the future.  In your "car", you also have a touchscreen, like we did, that will ask you questions such as "In the future, do you want to live in the country or the city?"  Another was, "How would you choose to get to work in the future?  By foot, bike, train, or personal vehicle?"  Anyway, all of these questions and answers will then be incorporated into a little movie about what your personal future will look like.  Every car's movie is different.  For instance, Jack will live in the country.  He will use solar power proficiently.  And he will live in this cool, futuristic looking tree house thing.

In my movie about my future with Jim, I don't remember what the specifics were on our living conditions actually.  I was too busy noticing that I will look like an idiot in the future.  See, nobody warned me, like I just did you, to smile normally.


Jim, of course, whipped out his phone to document this future Whitney.  I should've known.

Oh and just so that you can consider yourself EXTRA warned.  Your mugshot will be displayed for all riders to gaze upon later as you exit.  Just look up on the constantly updating ceiling panels out in the ride's lobby/exit room.  Yes.  I was definitely avoiding eye contact with anyone gazing upward, laughing sort of a cruel laugh.  Kind of like the one you're imitating now.  

AGAIN, just smile like a normal person.


Like I said, Epcot was kind of a short day.  We were tired.  But here's a moment that I forgot to mention from the Magic Kingdom.


I didn't have the heart to tell Emma that the lyrics aren't "Pirates like-a me."
Thanks for this little girl's self confidence boost, Pirates of the Caribbean.

2 comments:

  1. I see now where Emma learned her funny faces for the camera. Glad to see Disney isn't all butterflies and rainbows. Her "out" moments are hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete