Monday, March 19, 2012

Disney Trip 2012 - Part 1

Last week was our spring break, and we spent it at Disney World! 

It has been about five years since we took Jack.  He was Emma's size then, and so we thought it was time for a repeat visit for Jack and a first time visit for Emma.  The experience was wonderful, fun, amazing and exhausting.  We spent a non-stop five days park-hopping through the venues:  Magic Kingdom--2 days, Epcot--1 day, Hollywood Studios--1 day, and then back to the Magic Kingdom on our final day in Orlando.


We began with the airplane ride.  Emma has been on a plane already once?/twice? in her life, but this was the first time that she may actually be old enough to remember.  Needless to say, she was excited.  The photo above says it best.

We arrived at our Disney All Star Movies Resort in the wee hours of the morning Monday.  No pictures were taken then.  Our eyes were barely open.  But here are some photos that were taken on later days.


Each section of buildings has its own movie theme in this resort - hence the name, Disney All Star Movies Resort.  Just like last time, we were booked to the 101 Dalmatians section.  There were dalmatian puppies everywhere.  Larger than life yellow fire hydrants encased the staircases at the end of each building.   Dog bones were scattered throughout the winding sidewalks.  Just across the courtyard from the huge lady dog in the picture is another huge boy dog.  Incidentally, do these dog characters have names???  I guess I've never made it all the way through a dalmatians movie, so if they do, I'm sorry.  "Superbig Lady dog" will just have to do.  Just to the right of the lady dog, top floor, you could see our door if it weren't for the dang tree.  Not my picture... I snagged it from the internet.  No worries... our door looked like everyone else's door. 

Dalmatians are impressive, sure.  But we've always wanted to be booked to the Toy Story buildings.  No such luck.  In any case, we've made a special walk over to this section both last visit and also this one to snap a few shots.  The grass is always greener, people.

Big Buzz.  Little Emma.

Whopping checkerboard, blocks, dinosaur... all simulating "Andy's room"  = FUN.

Jack says that "the sky in Florida looks just like Andy's wallpaper."  Pretty accurate observation there, Jack.  Florida treated us to absolutely beautiful weather.


 Even good ol' RC car is there, the perfect size for climbing.


Just like our cruise entries a couple years back, I think this trip may need to be broken down in multiple posts.  So let's think of this as an appetizer.  Or a first installment.  Whatever.  More fun was to be had, but I'll save that for another day's writing. 

You'll have to come back later to find out if Emma's bargaining/pleading to be allowed to ride the Hotel of Terror worked on the ears of her father.  She is pictured below, making her case. 


"I am, TOO, big enough, JAAACK!  And I will NOT get scared!"

4 comments:

  1. EEEKKK! I'm dying to find out! I LOVE THAT RIDE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks like one of the best vacations ever! I have never visited Disney so I'm anxiously awaiting your next posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the continuation. Did she ride? Did she get scared? Ooo such suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've never been to Disney andrea?! We must take you! Love the pictures, so fun. And yes the dogs have names. I can say them, I can't spell them so I won't humiliate myself.

    ReplyDelete