Monday, April 2, 2007

Pink Eye is the Pits

I've never had pink eye in my entire childhood life. I've never had pink eye through eight years of being a teacher. I never had pink eye through year one, two, or three of Jack's existence. But now, I've had pink eye, and you can say that again! To be more specific, I've had three bouts of pink eye in the last two months. No one else around me has it at the moment. WHAT is going on?!

Anyway, this is the worst episode yet. Both of my poor little eyes are shrunken and blood red. The kids say, "You look different." Or they say, "Mrs. Hoodenpyle, are you tired?" When I explain the actual cause for my altered appearance, they get this look on their faces... It's the heebie-jeebie look. Yeah, I'm right there with ya, kids. This isn't any fun.

Last night, I must've gotten up five times just to wipe away the eye-gunk. This is disgusting. And it makes for a crotchety feeling on a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment