Sunday, November 1, 2009

Back to Blog Business

Okay. It's time.

Life events are passing me by, and still, I'll have you know that I have no desire to write about them. Don't get me wrong. This is an unpleasant and uncomfortable lack of desire. I miss this blog. I miss getting a good idea and being absolutely squirmy until I could get it on "paper." I miss connecting with you, reader, here in this spot too. I miss it. I really do. But. I don't even know. There's definitely a "but."

Regardless, it's time to quit sulking. I'm going to sit here and force it.
Here are a few things that are blogworthy, but for whatever reason, I've turned up my nose at typing it all out before now. Enough! Let's catch up and get back to business.

Jack has started first grade. He's completely loving it. And he's reading like you wouldn't believe. We practice spelling words every night for homework. We read. We laugh. We work together well. I recently talked with his teacher at parent-teacher conference time, and he received a glowing report. He is somewhat "talkative" at times, but he's a good boy. His first official standardized achievement scores indicate a natural knack for math. And I'm so glad that Jim has passed this on to Jack. He is quirky, tenderhearted, and sweet. And his most cherished possession at the moment is a child-sized "Snuggie"... yes, as seen on TV. He's always been an infomercial addict. This must also be somewhere in the gene pool. Uncle Lee has a similar (weird) affection for Ginsu knife sets, juicers, and Sham-Wow's, and it has somehow wriggled over into Jack's DNA as well. But, yes, the Snuggie is the "it" thing in his life, at the moment. This makes me laugh. Jack is my sweetheart.

As for Emma, she seems to be developing at an unbelieveably rapid rate. She talks nonstop, and I'm not sure that there's anything she can't attempt to say. Her "no's" are resolute and sometimes shouted with furrowed eyebrows because she's not A BIT intimidated by her parents' furrowed eyebrows. And her "yes's" are lisped sweetly in the most adorable way. Lately, my favorite responses are "Coming!" when her name is called from across the house and "Cooo-oool!" when she thinks something is.... well.... cool. At this age, Emma is very independent, assertive, and outgoing. She caught on to Trick-or-Treating in a matter of seconds, complete with "Happy Halloween's!" and "Trick-or-Treats" unprompted. I don't know how this girl knows half of what she knows. But I think she is absolutely amazing. She'll be two at the end of this month, you know. And that is also amazing.

Happy recent ten year anniversary to Jim and me! We enjoyed a whirlwind trip to Vegas, and that was fun. Next comes a cruise to the Caribbean in March. Bring on Spring! I'm restless and ready now!

3 comments:

  1. At last! I sure needed this. Thank you for coming back. Even if it's not a tribute to the mysterious "marlinco." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, she's back! I love the background. Love the blog entry. Love the catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I was in Staples today and I saw one, A snuggie! I had no idea what it was until today. A blanket with arms! Just like a Slankie from 30 Rock! I think Zoe would love one of those as well. Heck, I would love one of those!

    ReplyDelete