Friday, May 21, 2010

4. Jack is also sort of tilted, and that's weird.

Recently I and my coworkers were given an end of the school year gift. It was a lovely gesture on my boss's part. It was really and truly nice and, I believe, meant to be kind of a goodbye gift to many of us that will not be a part of her staff at the beginning of next school year. Each staff member was set up with a family portrait session and a free 8x10 from Lifetouch Photography, the same folks that take the yearbook headshots in the fall. A free family portrait! How sweet. I eagerly signed my name on the sign up sheet that was taped to the mailbox room coke machine. The Hoodenpyles would be photographed at a park in the early morning on a Saturday. I looked forward to it.

The photographs are in. I think my family's photograph is good, but the more I look at it... the more awkward it gets. Here it is. Stare at it for 2 seconds, and you'll like it. Stare at it for 12 seconds. Your left eyebrow will raise, and you'll cock your head to the left. At 34 seconds, you'll have a list of strange things about this photo. Maybe you'll even be laughing as hard as I am right now.

Let's compare lists right now:

1. The scenery. There's nothing like dead grass and a crappy bench for a photoshoot.

2. Emma. She has the Barrymore Firestarter expression. Shudder.

3. The arrangement of the subjects... specifically, Jack. If this photo had a caption, it would read, "Sometimes we let him come in the house on the weekends."

But really, this photo WAS free, and it's only mildly awkward, I guess. Visit http://www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com/ and you'll understand that awkward can get WAY more... awkward-er. Here are a few of my favorites that, like our photo, feature 'unique' family poses.





7 comments:

  1. Love the new blog background. Much better than the previous one.

    Now down to business.....

    Reading this was the best part of my day, next to parachute practice. And I'm still laughing because JUST NOW, I understood the title. I scrolled back up and laughed out loud. In fact, Kenny wanted to know what all the ruckus was about.

    Good stuff. Very.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we let him come in the house on the weekends.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4. Jack is also sort of tilted, and that's weird.

    HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture is only funny because I can hear YOU laughing hysterically in my head. In actuality, this is one great picture. I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Thanks for sharing the laughter with me. It could be worse... you could all be wearing matching outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just think it's funny that you stared at it for that long. You're right, I kept looking at it waiting for the obvious to pop out but I didn't see it. But I had to laugh at the Jack caption. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete