Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bus Painting

The kids and I pass quite a few school buses in traffic on the way to school each morning. I guess those school buses were the inspiration for the following car conversation:

Jack: Mom, when I get older I'm going to buy a bus and change the name on the side. It will say, "Jack's Lab" on the side.

Mom: Oh? For taking passengers to see your science labratory?

Jack: Yeah. For when people want to come see my inventions and stuff.

Mom: That's a good idea, Jack.

Jack: Yeah. But I don't think I want it yellow though. I think I'll paint the bus white. White seems science-y, and scientists wear those white coats. You know, Mom?

Emma: No, not white.

Jack: Sigh. What color then Emma? What color do you want?

Emma: Pink.

Jack: Okay, maybe I'll paint one pink.

Emma: No, not pink. Purple!

Jack: Sighhhh. Emma, now you need to pick a color. I can't be repainting my bus every time you change your mind. If you pick pink, you need to stick with it. If you pick purple, that's it.

Emma: Purple.

Emma again: With purple wheels.

Jack: I can't really paint the wheels, Emma.

Emma: No, red wheels.

Jack: EMMAAAA!

2 comments: