Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Finding the Costumes

We, adult Hoodenpyles, are invited to a Halloween party for the second year in a row.

After one accepts a Halloween party invitation, it is natural for the mind to jump right into, "What am I going to dress up as? Am I going to look like an idiot? Am I too old for this?" All of these are valid questions, and so it's worth a look on the internet to get some answers.

I dare you. Type in the google search words: "Halloween Costumes for Adults".

Glare.

If you do sit down and reenact my search, you'll find that 99.9 percent of your internet search results look like this:


Kill. Me. Now.


But hold on a minute... Jim is going to the party too. So one might alter the search: "Adult Couple's Halloween Costumes."


That's it. Search over. This is just stupid.


Kids' costumes are so much simpler to find on the internet. In fact, I ordered one just the other day. Jack wanted to be Optimus Prime from the Transformers. No problem. A quick google search yields several nice versions, and so it's ordered. Done. No disgust factor. No stupidness. No excessive boob shots.


Jack's costume arrived yesterday afternoon. We were excited to open the box! Optimus Prime! Optimus Prime! Optimus Pr...


Wait a minute... What is THIS?!!!


This is either a BIG shipping mistake, or someone is playing a really bad joke on me.

1 comment:

  1. 1 plug for him. 1 socket for her.

    It's a sign, I tell you, a sign.

    ReplyDelete