Saturday, February 26, 2011

Find the Fiction, Answer Post

Thanks for playing along.  Now for the results that I promised:

Numbers 1 and 3 are truths.  Number 2 is the fiction.  Let's explain. 

Yes, I am 34 years old, and I do still sleep with my old, dirty, ratty childhood blanket.  My best friend in the world was in shock, saying, "How come I didn't know this about you?"  In thinking about that, it's generally not something I go around shouting from the rooftops about myself.  I know it's generally not acceptable according to society's standards.  BUT.  I pretty much don't care.  My blanket brings me joy.  I like the way it feels (particularly on the edges where I like to rub my fingers). I like the way it smells.  And I like the way it can double as a sleep mask for blocking out light when the sun comes up a little too early for my taste on the weekend.  

Why would I reveal this about myself?  Well, I needed a pretty darn good couldn't-possibly-be-true truth for the Find the Fiction game the other day, and I'm pretty darn competitive.  And... well, generally, as I've gotten older, I've found that some of the things I like most about people are the things that seem endearingly weird.  For example, I like it A LOT when people snort when they laugh.  It makes me wish I was funnier just so I could say things to make them laugh.  All the time.  I REALLY LIKE  Fridays when the coworker down the hall sings her heart out to the same blaringly loud Aerosmith songs over and over and doesn't care who hears her.  And if I find out you're, for some reason that I can't fathom, really scared of birds, I'm probably gonna like you infinitely more than I already did.  Just because I think that's so perfectly... weird. 

Anyway, there you go. Maybe you'll find my blanket truth endearing.  Or maybe I'll be ostracized at the next Christmas Party.  Maybe a little of both.  We'll see.


My blanket.

Now, quickly for the others.  Number 2:  I did see Pat Sajak at Islands of Adventure a few years back.  But I did not get his autograph.  I was also disappointed that he isn't necessarily accompanied by Vanna everywhere he goes, away from the show.  That was such a let down.

Number 3.   I did go trekking and poking around in the Alps one summer when I went to Europe with my parents.   I have more old me-in-front-of-a-mountain pictures than I know what to do with,  but it sure was memory-making and beautiful. 

Again, thanks to those of you who played and even to a few of you who accepted my blogging assignments on your own sites.  That was great fun!

3 comments:

  1. Islands of Adventure is pretty much my favorite theme park in all the land.

    Snorting, fear of birds, singing coworkers, baby blanket toting friends........all great thing.

    How do you feel about lobe holding people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all three lobe holding ladies in my life. Mom, Emma, and you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog makes me SO happy! :) I am glad I finally got to "meet" this mysterious love. Just by looking at the picture, I can feel your bond. I can't wait to find out what I learn about you next session!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete