Monday, February 21, 2011

Find The Fiction

Let's play a game.  It's called "Find the Fiction".  Well, actually, it's not a game.  It's one of the many Kagan Cooperative Learning structures that I've been learning about during my teacher inservice days this year.  My coworkers and I had great fun with this particular structure today.  It can be used with kids as a bonding get-to-know-you activity or it can be used across the content areas. Our trainer today did not mention this structure's applicability to blog writing, BUT I don't see a reason why it's not a fabulous and terrific idea.  So... here we go.

Eventually, it was my turn to write my three statements.  Let's see what you know about me.  Two of the statements are true.  Only one is a boldfaced lie.   Now it's your turn to "Find the Fiction" about me.  Which do you think it is?

1.  I still sleep with my childhood baby blanket.

2.  I once got Pat Sajak's autograph.

3.  I have been hiking in the Alps.

Okay, so there you go.  Click on "comments" and take a guess.  If you were at my team of coworkers today (yeah, I'm talking to YOU, Beth)  keep quiet until the others have made their choices.  And for the handful of you that have your own blog... well, now you have homework.  Write a "Find the Fiction" entry about yourself, and I'll come play too.

3 comments:

  1. Looovvve this! Great idea! I will play along.

    Now for my guess......you, most definitely, do not sleep with your baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat Sajak's autograph??? Furrrrr Real?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going with three. Although I feel totally off.

    ReplyDelete