Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Fun Has Just Begun!

Summer is in full swing!  And we've been gettin' our fun on.  I love summer.  Being an elementary teacher sure has its perks... and summer, you are the biggest one of all.  Here's what we've been up to lately.

1.  Last year, my big projects were Jack and Emma's bedrooms.  This year, it's all about me, folks.  I want a beautiful bedroom too.  Be gone, ugly tattered bedspreads.  Be gone, laundry piles in the bedroom floor.  Be gone, permanent ironing board set up that I never put away.  Be gone, ugly, ugly place.  Hello, dreaminess.  To start with, I dabbled in the art of antique shopping with my ultimate antique expert of a gal pal, Danavee
We found some great things...

 A beautiful trunk for the foot of the bed.  Check out the inside color!  I love.

 A hodge podge of mirrors/ and an old shabby window for over my dresser.  See that black mirror?  Spray paint is a girl's best friend, it turns out.  Just wait and see...  Thanks for the expertise, Schlager!

TURQUOISE!  Yes.  Yes.  And yes!

                         A new duvet cover.  I love the colors.

                                       A collection of my favorite photos.

See that rose?  That's the first flower I ever received from a boy.  A sixteen year old boy... named Jim.  Pretty special.  My bedroom is officially BEAUTIFUL.


2.  Playing outside has been fun, particularly if a water balloon fight is involved...

                                       Ammunition?  Check.
Competitive stance? Check, sort of.  Emma looks a little unprepared.



Action?  CHECK!

3.  Beautifying the rest of the house in preparation to host a fun and festive bachelorette party/personal shower for a Mrs. Ashley soon-to-be-Boschen

 New front porch plants!

 Incidentally, Jack grew this one from seeds.  He knows something I don't.  Hmphf.

 New rug for beneath the office chairs!

And another great antiquing find with Danavee!  A pair of shabby farmhouse-y windows for over the kitchen mantel.  I love them.  So much. 

4.  Other great things not pictured because, like an idiot, I didn't bring out my camera for them: 
Backyard pooltime at great-grandma and pa's  and a quick visit to see mom down in Arkansas. 

I love me some summer!  Yahoo!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love all of the updates! My fave is the spray painted mirror!!! Great work in only a week and a half; your summer fortune cookie must be productivity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new decor is fabulous! LOVE the mirror/frames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this. Everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Love all the new shabby chic decor! My favorite is the farm house windows in the kitchen! Love everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you! I am totally impressed and cannot wait to see it in person tonight!

    ReplyDelete