Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Swami Whitney

So I took a yoga class last night. It was my first ever, and I (along with my friends Danavee and Andrea) was incredibly nervous. All three of us felt that way. "Are we gonna do some sort of weird pose and fall over?" "Are we going to look like idiots?" "Are we going to bust out laughing and get shhh'ed by the stern and serious yoga-doers?" These were all valid concerns, but we pretended to be cooler than we really were, taking a casual position at the back of the class like we had done it thousands of times before. (I wonder if anyone could tell that I'd only just taken the plastic wrap off of my yoga mat in the car ten minutes prior to that?)

Anyway, we breathed, posed, stretched, and realigned ourselves. And I have to admit that despite my previous skepticism, I left feeling really good. I feel good this morning too. Maybe even slightly taller... chuckling.

I want you to know that I am now considering quitting my job, running away to seminary, and becoming a yoga priest. And just so you know, on Tuesdays I prefer to be addressed as "Swami Whitney." Namaste.


I am such a quick learner! Look at me go!

No comments:

Post a Comment