Monday, September 15, 2008

Emilie, Kindergarten, and Mostly Just Emilie

So Jack is beginning to communicate about his days at kindergarten with a little more accuracy and detail each day. I'm glad for this. It's fun to listen to what happens at school from a five year old's point of view. He sings the music teacher's songs from the backseat. He counts by tens to a hundred and tells me how to make a "shaker" out of uncooked rice and a jug. He tells me that a boy named Frank gets peanut butter and jelly for lunch every single day. And he tells me about Emilie.

I believe we have a crush on Emilie. Chuckle. Here is my evidence:

1) At Grandparent's day, Jack was happy to invite Emilie along to walk around with his Grammie because she didn't have grandparents coming to the event.

2) One day last week, he shared his rest mat with Emilie because she forgot hers at home that day.

3) He is somewhat bitter now towards a little girl, Makaylee, who is also possessive over Emilie's playground time/position in line.

4) He knows what color Emilie wore today.

5) And as he looked out from the bathtub at me this evening, he said, "Mom, right now you look just like my friend, Emilie. I thought you were her!"


Case closed.

3 comments:

  1. Uh oh! Next thing you know, he'll be asking to buy a special box of heart shaped chocolates for the Valentine's Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O' how precious!! I remember my kindergarten boyfriend... He stole a bottle of perfume from his mom and gave it to me. I kept it for YEARS. It was a green bottle with a gold top, smelled terrible. FYI watch your perfume or other valuables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, and the evidence rolls in.

    6) We were at Sequiota park last night, playing. Jack squealed excitedly as he saw a little girl walking up to the playground equipment with her parents. But as the girl got closer, he realized his mistake, and his shoulders slumped. It was not Emilie, after all. So sad.

    ReplyDelete