Saturday, September 6, 2008

Jump!

This weekend I am reminded of my first grade best friend, Cory, who used to sing Van Halen songs constantly, I remember. His serenading never did convert me into fanhood, and I think I may have even done my fair share of eyerolling toward him, honestly. But he sang with lots of enthusiastic air guitaring, and I listened, gaining early life lessons in "Boys Are Weird." Even so, we were best buds. I was six, I guess, and although that was a long time ago, here I am humming with a nostalgic little smile.

Might as well jump! Jump! Go ahead jump! Jump!


We took the kids to a new place here in town last night called JumpMania. The name fits the venue well. There is a great deal of jumping to be done, and well... mania just comes naturally when kids are exposed to a room full of large, inflatable bouncing opportunities. We had fun. Here are a few shots.












5 comments:

  1. Two VERY important questions: Can grown ups jump at Jump Mania??? And do they have that bungee racer blow up contraption?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if grown ups are SUPPOSED to, but I did see a few dads who ended up going with and/or fetching their reluctant children.

    (Jim is thankful that Jack is of an independent age, let's just say.)

    And I do not know what the heck you are talking about... bungee racer blow up contraption?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you take a child Danavee you can go on anything... Maybe when Alex gets older. And I know what the bungee racer thing is! I got whip-lash from that during project grad in high school. You have a bungee cord on you and you race and it snaps you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the last picture of Emma! She looks so very happy.

    Do you think that maybe they would offer a class for adults. I mean think about the exercise you would get from jumping around. Then we could visualize about jumping so high we reach the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! And in the sky there would be a bird and a rosebush. Sparkles would cost extra though.

    ReplyDelete