Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fish

Let's talk about all-things-fish today.
1. Jack wrote a cute paragraph about Blue the other day at school. I will post the illustration. It's impressive for an eight year old. It's impressive for any age, actually. Check it out.



(writin' about fish)

2.  It has been raining here for days.  And days.  And days.  Gloomy and gray.  Low, quiet thunder that goes on for minutes at a time.  Chill and wind.  A constant soaking from the sky that's unlike any I can remember.  We had a brief reprieve here yesterday, but I think it's supposed to start raining again any minute.  Another 1-3 inches is expected, and last night I heard the weather guy say that in some spots, there has already been 16 inches of total rainfall.  Stop the madness.

(Yes, of course, this relates to fish.  We all may grow gills soon, we're so waterlogged.)

3.  I am feeling super fat.  Last night the treadmill finally got some action from me.  That is great!  Today, however, I think the Krispy Kreme doughnut for a student's birthday and the piece of cake I had at an after school wedding shower totally negated last night's treadmill action.

(Yes, of course, this also relates to fish.  I'm avoiding all nearby scales.)

4.  Last night we had Chinese food for dinner.  I opened my fortune cookie only to read, "You may need to clean out your closet soon."  (Shove it, cookie.  What a total rip off for a fortune.)  Jim opened his cookie and read, "You will soon meet the person of your dreams."  (Shove it, as well, cookie #2.) 

(This totally relates to fish.  The fortune cookie thing was surely a conspiracy.  I think Jim peeked or something before we opened them.  It seems fishy.)


5.  I have gotten stuck twice this week, so far, at same local railroad crossing on my way to/from work.  The trains have been slow, neverending, and generally pretty inconsiderate of all the places I have needed to be right at those moments.  Also,  as I type this... it has started to rain.

(Again, you see the fish relation, don't you?  Number five's items generally stink.  Like fish.)

3 comments:

  1. I love this. Love. Looovve. Lovvveeee. Each connection to fish was extremely well, uh connected. FUNNY TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up!!! I love reading your blog! So creative Miss Whit! I can't wait to see you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever. I am envious of your blogging ability. I predict one day, you will become famous for it.

    ReplyDelete