Sunday, April 17, 2011

Jack's New Pet

Well, we've done cat number 1, and cat number 2.  We've also done pet ants .  Gosh, we've even inherited some tadpoles and killed plants a'plenty at the Hoodenpyle house.  Remember?  So now, we had quite a decision to make when it came to Jack's newest idea:  getting a new pet.

We decided on a fish.  (a.k.a.  something super easy for mom...)

Jack, Emma, and I all piled into the car today to go and do the pet purchasing. Jack nervously chattered from the backseat, "Mom, I'm starting to get nervous about this.  Will Cookie eat my fish?  Does Cookie ever go into my room?  Should I shut my door whenever I leave for school?" 

Emma, of course, piped in too.  "I want a fish too.  I want a fish too.  I want a fish tooooooooo.  Mom?  Can I have a fish?  I want a fish."

This continued on until we reached the pet store where I was quite overwhelmed by all the fish choices and fishy paraphenalia.  I don't know a thing about fish and certainly don't know what to get and what not to get.  So, we looked around for awhile.

Mom, can we keep the fish in my room?

Mom, can we get this one?  He's colorful.

His name will be "Blue."  Mom, I named him that because he's blue.

Alright, Jack.  You already look smitten.  Get your money out that you've saved up.  Let's go pay for him, and take him home.





Drive as slowly as you can, Mom.  And don't hit any bumps.

Welcome home, Blue. 

3 comments:

  1. Where's that goldfish I bought him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danavee, let's ask for help with this.

    Readers: Does ANYONE out there remember purchasing a goldfish (in Jack's and my presence) and then letting Jack carry the fish in the bag out to the car?

    Jack swears this was Danavee, and we have no memory of it. Who was the goldfish buyer or was this just a Jack dream?

    Help.

    ReplyDelete