Wednesday, July 2, 2008

And She Crawls


Emma receives the outstanding achievement award for "New, but Fast Crawler." She's at the podium giving her acceptance speech. She refers to an index card to thank all the special things in her life that have inspired this development:

...wires, the entertainment center that contains expensive electronics, plastic Wal-Mart sacks, the camera, sharp or pointy objects, small toys of Jack's that could be considered choking hazards, (and the music plays her offstage before she can finish her long list)


Oh my goodness. I can see that we really didn't fully understand what babyproofing was with our first, mild-mannered and laid back child. Oh! I've lost track of where Emma went. I gotta go.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Leaps and bounds in the last week, I tell you. Leaps and bounds! Way to go Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fast!! She is growing up too fast in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you so glad all this is happening in the summer so you can witness it all!!! Thank goodness for the perks of being a teacher. What a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great trip to St. Louis! I laughed a ton over the last 24 hours. I hope grandma and grandpa made it okay with the kiddos! I'm sure you'll be glad to get them back just in time for FIREWORKS!

    ReplyDelete