Friday, July 11, 2008

For Sale: Good Deals and Great Times


It's that time again... the annual summer garage sale at the Hoodenpyle house. Don't look so glum. It's not over yet, so you could still come tomorrow.


In the meantime, here's what you've missed:


I couldn't seem to GIVE this ugly table away. Only 25 dollars! Come on, people.


Terri makes her blog debut as she finds a glamorous pair of sparkly flats... and a trunkload of other treasures that cost "a quarter." (Most of our profits came from her.)



Jack shops after hours and purchases not one, but TWO, clown noses.


One of the noses mentioned above finds an inappropriate home immediately.




And just about everyone realizes the opportunity to chide Danavee for her prices.



3 comments:

  1. The patina on that sign screams VINTAGE!!!!!!!! It's probably worth DOUBLE what I put on it!

    On a side note, Jack is bound to make it into the movies! Maybe even you will too, as a writer! Great short documentary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know. I know. In fact, that's what I heard many of our shoppers say.

    "Did you see the patina on that sign? It was amazing."

    "I was only going to drive by, by man, that patina screamed, "Get out of the car."

    "Will you take $3 dollars for that turtle sandbox? I love patinas."

    And then Emma said her first word, "Patina."

    Yeahhhh, I don't really know what a patina is, but I'm sure vintage looking ones are fantastic. We had fun having fun with you. You're a good sport, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am cracking up, even though it's at my expense! I'm going to do a Whitney Tribute blog RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete