Wednesday, August 20, 2008

How Was School, Dear?

Life goes on no matter how hard you try to dig in your heels, doesn't it? Today was the first day of school for exactly one half of the people who live in my house. And with summer's hasty exit, I've noted yet another application of the Cinderella song, "Don't Know What You Got (Til It's Gone)." (Excuse me while I consider the valid point of the song title, all the while completely making fun of the band. There's nothing better than the silhouette of a guy who's used too much hairspray.... swaying in his long 80's coat.... jamming on his guitar..... in front of a lake backdrop....)

I've gotten off track.

So, how was the first day of school? "Good." Yeah, it seems like that's about all I'm going to get out of Jack. Just like last year in preschool, we have only sketchy pieces of stories on how this, his first day of kindergarten, went. Although he's not the best at reporting, here's what we do know:


"I asked the teacher over and over if we were going to do centers. She said we would do centers. We didn't do centers."


Also, we know that he did some sort of project over the picture book, "The Kissing Hand." And of this project, he is very protective. See the following video of typical Jack problem-solving.





On my end, school was also "good." From what I can tell, I have a sweet group of kids who helped me survive the day. Here we all are having some fun.




Emma is not nearly old enough for school yet, but that doesn't mean that she's not learning new things. Here she is showing off her latest trick, but don't blink. It's quick.




3 comments:

  1. - That's the most horrible song I've ever heard. Big dumb hair 80's bands, I think I might actually rather listen to that Nuclear Waste Boy.
    - I believe Jack gets his lack of ability to fully answer the question "what did you do in school today?" or "how was your day?" from his Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Nuclear Waste Boy" = Fall Out Boy. I love you, Jim.

    He makes me laugh, folks.

    ReplyDelete