Friday, August 22, 2008

Nifty Tracking Thingymabob

I was reading a most entertaining blog entry the other day. It was about who visits the entry author's website and why they come, in particular. (The writer also threw in some scattered opportunities to laugh that this reader appreciates, thank you very much.) My point is that I think I relate to that commentary/curiosity about blog readers.

My own nifty website tracking thingymabob sheds a little light about why you've come here, and I have to say that I'm fascinated at all the ways people stumble across The Hoodenpyle Family's bloggy little path.

Some visits are purposeful, and I know that when I see you've simply googled "hoodenpyle family blog." Glad you found who you were looking for, by the way. What's new with you?

Some visits are hilariously accidental though. While I'm totally unashamed to laugh at your expense, it must be frustrating to be in earnest internet search of "Silver Dollar City Salt Water Taffy" outlets and ultimately be led to this spot. All you find is one girl's rant... and not much of anything about the taffy (unless you look at the comments).

Many of you seem to want to genuinely know more about "Ozarks Tarantulas." I'm sorry about that. It was a good story though, you have to admit.

If you're wanting to know about "Grandpa Humor" (and it seems that a LOT of you are) maybe it'll make you less annoyed to know that I wasn't aware that this was a real and searchable term. It just seemed like a good title.

Lastly, I apologize to all of the loyal fans of Ice Cube... or is it Ice T? Regardless, I'm glad you stopped by.

Happy 101st blog entry, by the way. Where's a cupcake with a candle on it when you have real need?

5 comments:

  1. Ah, sitemeter. A bloggers BFF! It IS interesting to see who visits. I too get the occasional accidental visit. For example, more than one poor soul has googled "classmates.com guestbook signatures" or "itchy legs" only to be greeted by my silly blog entry about bad circulation and the mystery behind guestbook signatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did something wrong because I don't think mine is working right. Although maybe it is a good thing because I think I could spend hours trying to figure out why people are coming to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting info about who visits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, pros and cons to it. On the one hand, it's nice to know people are reading- on purpose, or otherwise. (But I think I would sit here with this stupid laptop even if no one else paid any attention. It's my therapy.)

    On the other hand, it drives me batty... love/hate. I constantly wonder who the handful of regular anonymous viewers are. And also sitemeter reminds me that my blog is an easy and convenient way for friends to visit me and mine... but not a great way for me and mine to get to visit them back. So, ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because I am curious, I checked my sitemeter when I got home....and today, someone in Flagstaff, Arizona googled "itchy legs while running." They must have then read my long ago entry about the issue, because at the end, they clicked on the link I posted about the problem! So I helped them find information, sort of. And I'm not alone with the itchy legs!

    ReplyDelete