Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy Campers

Congratulations to Jim for his 16th overall (5th in age group) finish in the Ozark Valley Triathlon in Fayetteville, Arkansas this morning. Jim, Jack, Emma, and I all piled into Grammie and Grandpa's RV with them for the weekend and headed south to make a camping trip of it. Originally, the plan was to head north to Iowa to make a camping trip out of a different triathlon event, but the recent flooding there threw a kink in those plans at the last minute. We made the best of it with an impromptu switcharoo.

I have confirmed that I'm not much for camping really, which is just another tallymark in the list of ways that Jim and I are complete opposites of each other. It's not the camping really that is not fun to me. Mostly it's just having dirty hair. I really dislike having dirty hair. I will shower in a smelly shack that inhabits 68% of the world's spider population just so that I don't have to put up with dirty hair. It's pretty important.


Regardless, we are home now. Jim is triumphant. The kids are sleeping. I am clean. We are happy campers.



In other news, Emma started EATING four days ago. Yes, it went just like that. Monday she continued to clamp her mouth shut at mealtime just like she had done for the last month and a half. But Tuesday.... Shrug. She eats, folks! Now, we're working on the next life skill as seen below. Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. Too cute! The wobbling Emma and the cackling Jack made my morning! I love his laugh.

    Oh the other hand, give me dirty hair over spiders EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try positioning Emma's legs farther apart. What a fun couple of kids! *Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I saw the video and your leg and I was like, what skill would this be? Did you get your class list? O' it comes too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Jim. I enjoyed the other pictures too. I have been one of those catch the baby with your legs kind of mom's on several occasions.

    ReplyDelete