Monday, June 16, 2008

Wordle.net

My mom emailed me today, forwarding a really neat website: http://www.wordle.net/

The website apparently takes text that you type in and converts it into a graphic representation called a "word cloud." Its design seems to be based on the word frequency in provided text, etc. Anyway, she thought it was cool, and so do I.

As an example, I will take my previous entry and feed in the text. Let's see what comes up, shall we? (I think you can click on these to make them larger?)



I am fascinated - Mom knows just what tickles my fancy. Okay, so this time I'm not going to provide the story for you. All you get is the word cloud. Let's see if you can get my message, which is also the current state of my life. What a fun little game!



First one to solve this puzzle via comments gets a.... umm.... what do I have here in front of me.... a bottle of Aquafina water! Yes, the next time I see you, winner, I'll bring you this fabulous prize.

13 comments:

  1. Someone has pink eye!!!!!!!!!! You had to take the victim to the doctor where he/she had a fit when the dr inspected them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and that's a neat web-site for school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you say "someone" who do you mean exactly? Playing it safe will not get you this tasty bottle of water.

    Yeah! After I got through playing with the website at midnight last night, I got in bed. Only then did it occur to me that I could use it at school with the kids. That could be so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAIT! I changed my mind! EMMA?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am guessing it is YOU that has pink eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool website! As for the pink eye....sucks to be you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And the winner is.... JILL!!! Not only do you get some refreshing bottled water, but I also have another little treasure for you. This one is a surprise though!!! Let's see if you can "survive" the anticipation. (Quiet over there, Danavee!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it is your cat called Cookie that is part vampire, I will pass on the other treasure! (joking)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps I sent you an email about your blog. It has to do with the gelven house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lot of fun. Thank you for sharing. How did you put the thumb nails in your message. I made a wordle and put the link on our blog, but couldn't figure out how to do what you did.

    Sorry about the pink eye. Aurora had it 3 weeks ago and my mom had it 2 weeks ago. I am happy to say it has been 7 years since I've had it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Create your word cloud and below it, it will give the HTML garbledy-gook. I don't know what else to call it since I don't know the official terminology.

    Anyway, copy that entire code, and then paste it into the window where you compose your blog entry. Waaa-laaah!

    ReplyDelete