Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Roaring River


Today my grandparents, Jack, Emma, and I all went fishing at Roaring River State Park. We've gone there plenty of times before, but Jack is officially older now. I can tell. In previous years he's been much more interested in playing on the playground, throwing rocks into the water, or eating very nearly an entire sack of *puffy Cheetos during the day as opposed to partaking in any of the actual fishing business. But today he was quite the little casting man and also a great assistant to have at the net whenever I caught a fish. And I did... FOUR TIMES!!! (A little shameless bragging there.) We all had a wonderful day.

*puffy Cheetos - a traditional, and very necessary staple food for bringing along (footnote in Jack's Guide to Good Fishing)



This was about the only moment of the day that Emma was alert. A rippling river and a comfy Grandma combo make for a drowsy set of events.

What an assistant, I'm tellin' ya.


Proud and posing.


A classic incredulous Jack facial expression when he sees something that he finds particularly impressive... in this case, some big fat fish.

My favorite picture of the day.


I didn't mean to imply that there wasn't any playground playing,

or puffy Cheeto eating.


5 comments:

  1. I love Jack's Puffy Cheetos mustache he's sporting in a picture or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the fish look great! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the first time, I REALLY see Jim in Jack. He resembles his dad so much in the "incredulous facial expression" picture. It's really unnerving. *Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day! That was a great picture of Emma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are so cute =) And their mom is one hot lady! Where is this place?

    ReplyDelete