Monday, June 2, 2008

Six Months Already?

A few days ago, Emma turned six months old. Can you believe this? She's a sweet little thing, and it's amazing how much I'm finding out about her now that I'm home with her 100% of the time. Here are things I've learned:

1. She hates Baby Boot Camp. This is my nickname for the summer as it is the time that I'm buckling down and teaching her to go to sleep on her own. I had gotten into the habit of rocking her every time she needed a nap. Great Grandma and Grandpa did the same. As a result, we've created a high maintenance baby. So, bless her little heart, she absolutely hates it when Momma lays in her the crib, covers her up, and walks out of the room. But then again, it's not all that easy on Momma either when she protests for longer than 3 minutes.

2. She loves her brother. Well, duh. I didn't need much reinforcement when it comes to this understanding. Jack is her favorite person in the entire world, it seems. And while not much gets her to deep-down-belly-laugh, Jack seems to know the trick.

3. She hasn't quite mastered eating yet. Come on, little Emma. It helps if you OPEN your mouth. Even carrots, her favorite, aren't all that magical anymore.

4. In general, she looks very much like Jim, I think. But there are split seconds that, every now and then, make me think I'm looking at my old baby pictures. Just split seconds. But I did catch one on camera the other day. You can decide below.






1 comment:

  1. WHOA! These pictures are like looking at the same person! She looks like you mom!

    ReplyDelete