Monday, January 19, 2009

Watch Me, Mom!

I am a grown woman. But there still lives inside of me that little girl that says, "Watch me, Mom!" Jack says it a lot when he's making stupid faces that he thinks I'll laugh at. Or when he dances a silly little dance. Or when he draws a cool picture.

I don't think we ever let this part of ourselves go, do we? So here, Mom. Watch me! Look what I can do! I can play a dumb little song on one string of the guitar! I am excited. Tell me what a good girl I am, ok? And don't tell me about the dumb faces I make when I play the dumb little song. (I have a whole new empathy for John Mayer now -- the face making is apparently very necessary.) I love you, Momma.



4 comments:

  1. Very impressive!!! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a ROCK STAR! How bout I brush up on my piano playing, and we form a band???? We could open for John! We could call ourselves the, um, the.....Worms with Knives???

    Uh, nevermind.....

    ReplyDelete