Friday, January 2, 2009

Party, Party, Jack!

Jack, the poor kid, is always going to have to host his birthday celebration on a day other than his birthday, I predict. I knew that (and preemptively felt bad about it) six years ago when I started having labor pains on Christmas night. December 26th is a rough day as birthday parties go, you know.

On that note, this year's birthday festivities were planned for today, January 2nd, a pretty even split between Jack's birthday and his cousin Maria's birthday (Jan. 7th). So let the partying begin!

This year we did it up. Balloons, cake, candles, Transformers plates/cups, presents, Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii, a jump session at Jump Mania, and kids, kids, and more kids. Here are a few shots.


It occurred to me today, in the midst of passing out the pizza and lighting the candles, that in the entire six years of Jack's life, we've never had a full-on birthday party for him. Kid parties are organized chaos, and we are novices. Exhausted novices.

Exhausted birthday party throwing novices, at the end of the day, decompress by sitting around the kitchen table acting like loopy idiots for each other on camera. Just a side note.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the videos of Jim. The first one cracks me up, but then the second one is HILLARIOUS! I have got to try out this DDR, I have heard so much about it.

    Hope Jack had a great birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DDR is the bomb diggity! Not kidding... we played it every night my senior year of college. So jealous you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so worried about Jim sucking that balloon right down his throat........UNTIL he started talking. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jack! Jim...pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete